Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Restrict call forwarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

Is there any way to restrict the end users from having the ability to set up their extension to forward to an offnet number (cell phone for example)? I can't see anywhere in the admin console where you can set permissions on what the user can or cannot do in MyPhone.

The concern is lack of outbound trunks/lines. Let's say I've got 4 analog lines coming into 3CX from my provider. If I have two users that both decide to log into MyPhone and forward external calls to their cell phone, and they both receive an external call, that just tied up all 4 of my external lines. I would like the ability to be able to go in set who can or cannot forward calls. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sunstate

sunstate Member

I have read through the docs, searched the forums, and done quite a bit of googling, and still can't find the answer. It looks like my only option is to completely disable MyPhone for the users that I do not want to have the ability to forward their extension. Nobody else has ever wanted to restrict the ability to call forward?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.