Restrict Call Time?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spid3r1987, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spid3r1987

Hi there
    Currently the Voip Provider im trialling states that if a call lasts longer than 60 minutes, then it starts charging us per second.
    i want to restrict the call time to 60 minutes
    i know this has its down sides, like if im in a queue il lose my place etc etc...
    but id rather this than have to pay extraordinary rates per second.
    this is only for a trial anyway so it wont matter so much. just wondering if it can be done?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This question came up recently. Being a business PBX, no, there is no way, using the features in 3CX to cut a call off after a given time period.

3. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

If it was me I'd find a new provider.

4. willow

willow Member

some sip providers have a web portal were you can limit the call but not all. I would find a new provider as well, it should matter if you make an hour call or 60 one minute calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. spid3r1987

well the reason im using the supplier is because its not costing me anything atm(points system etc)
    and its only for testing so it dont really matter atm, just wondered if it was possible thats all...

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Limiting call duration is not necessary associated with business PBX, many corporate customers request this for different reasons - increasing productivity, security (even handling events like leaving a phone off-hook), expenses cut, etc. It would be fine if a custom parameter like 'CALLDURATION' existed.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problem arises during a legitimate (long) call, perhaps a very important conference call or customer . It doesn't come across as professional if your conversation is cut off mid-sentence and you have to call back (repeatedly?).

Er...sorry, we're only allowed to have (insert time limit) long telephone conversations at our company.

Leaving a phone off-hook, should be handled by a disconnect from the far end, unless, of course both ends just put the handset down and walked away from their sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.