Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Restrict CallerID on ISDN Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paul.obrien, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul.obrien

Hi All

I have setup a Patton 4638 Gateway which supports 4 ISDN Trunks. I am using 3 of these - 2 for trunks with the same number, and 1 for a trunk with a different number. The customer wants to restrict the outgoing callerid on the third trunk - but not the first two! In the UK we can use 141 before the outgoing call, which will withold the number - but we don't want to do this for the first two trunks. Is there a way that I can just do this for the third trunk?

I wonder whether it is possible to delete the third entry for the PSTN Device - and then add a second device, just connected to that third port - and then add it back in as an alternative call route. Is this doable?

Thanks

Paul

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hello Paul,
    BT have a facility whereby you can ask for the caller ID not to be shown. This way you don't need to worry about outbound rules and prefixing with 141. Another method is to create one trunk per ISDN.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.