• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Restrict calling between two extension groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raman Kalia

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to setup PBX system for two distinct offices, which will have their independent IVRS, recordings and extensions (same series likely). How to configure 3CX groups so extension belonging to one group cannot dial into other group IVRS, extensions etc.

Regards,
Raman Kalia

With forwarding exceptions for each of the extensions -- no other easier way.

Hi,

Could you explain it in bit detail.

1. Whether possible or not.
2. If possible, what are the efforts.

Regards,
Raman Kalia

Imagine the two groups of extension have numbers between 100-199 and 200-299 correspondingly.
This means extensions 100, 101, ..., should not be called from extensions 200, 201, ..., and vice-versa, if I understood correctly your requirement.

For the purpose edit extension 100, go to Forwarding tab, scroll down to Exceptions and Add rule like: calls from 200-299, all hours, action: End call. You can select and edit multiple extensions at the same time, i.e. all between 100 and 199 and forbid calls from 200-299 for all of them simultaneously.

Thanks! This should help.

Is there any possibility to setup similar rule for groups having same extension series, i.e., both groups have extensions between 1001 - 1999.

Regards,
Raman Kalia

What you mean, the extension numbers in one PBX must be unique?

No. I wanted to check if same extension no. can be given to two users if they are part of different groups or can I we have a virtual split of PBX to form two logical entities for two offices. Hope I'm sounding right in putting my query across.

No. I wanted to check if same extension no. can be given to two users if they are part of different groups or can I we have a virtual split of PBX to form two logical entities for two offices. Hope I'm sounding right in putting my query across.
No, I'm afraid not possible.

Hello @Raman Kalia

As @sip.bg already said, this is not possible and the only way to block extensions from calling other extensions is with the method described above. Also note that this is not possible for system extensions like IVRs, Queues, etc. as these will be available to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.