Restrict Internal Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by versacom, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. versacom

So the scenario is:
    • 3CX System is for a Block of Apartments
    • Only used to control the door phones
    • There are ~20 door phones
    • Each Door phone controls access to a single stairwell with 6 appartments
    • Door phones are analog running through a Gateway (Grandstream GXW4224)

What I need to achieve:
    • Restrict internal calls
    • Each device should only have access to the associated units
    • I need to restrict each device (Has its own 3CX extension) to only calling a set of units (Also with their own extension)
    • Need to know if it is possible in either the 3CX or Gateway.

All help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the options available on the GXW4224, but, if it has an internal dialplan, then that will be the only way you will have of restricting dialled digits. 3CX can only restrict or modify digits in the outbound rules, not for internal calls.

If you do some internet searches, or have a look through the manual for the ATA, you should be able to find how to set-up the options. To simplify things (having 20 door phones), you may want to consider using 4 digit extension numbers in 3CX. Each door phone could then be numbered 1199 to 2199, with the apartments numbered XX01 to XX06. It would simplify the dialplans as they would be based (restricted) on the first two digits dialled.

3. versacom

I have looked at this, the issue is that the Gateway uses "Profiles" to set the dial plans and only allows 4 Profiles to be created in the gateway.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Since this is a door phone, I suppose that there will not be lot of calls happening, for long periods so... you could create a SIP loop trunk that will make use of the outbound rules, send a call out, then right back in to the PBX. This allows the use of extension restrictions in regards to who can use each rule. The drawback is that each call uses two licences. There is a bit in this post, on how this is set-up. There are some better explanations, in the forum, but I can't find one at the moment.

viewtopic.php/inbound-call-o-external-number-recording-43678.html?forum_uri=inbound-call-o-external-number-recording&start=&t=43678

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

One more approach could be to utilize the 'Exceptions' in the Extension Settings of each Extension.

This would, you cannot limit what number is dialed, but on the receiving extension you can block (End Call) if the call is coming from an extension it should not be coming from.

6. versacom

There appears to be a maximum of 15 Rules allowed here, and I have ~20 doorphones to restrict per extension. Do you know if it is possible to add multiple caller ID's per exception?

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You should be able to have extension ranges and comma separated entries, so you could do something like in a single exception:
    100-199,300-399 -> End Call

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.