Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

restrict international dialling.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nickjhunt, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickjhunt

Can I create a rule that will allow specific extensions to dial international numbers, else can I create a rule that blocks extensions/groups from dialling international.
    Have a client where certain people need to dial USA but do not want everyone to have that facility.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the outbound rules you can specify which extensions can use a rule. If left blank (default), then all have access.

3. nickjhunt

But the International dial needs to be a restriction. By default once allowed the general outbound rule will allow international dial.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most regions have additional prefix digits that are required for international calls, as opposed to national.
    If you have your current outbound rules set-up with a catch-all "general" rule, such as by length, that will allow all types of calls, then you will have to create rules that are more restrictive. In other words, create rules specific to local calls, national, and international.
    Keep in mind that the rules are read from top to bottom, with the first match being followed.

5. nickjhunt

Sorted. I have top rule routing calls to prefix 011 through the gateway if dialled from one of a group of extensions. a secondary rule routing calls with a prefix of 011 to disconnect.
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.