• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

restrict international dialling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickjhunt

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Can I create a rule that will allow specific extensions to dial international numbers, else can I create a rule that blocks extensions/groups from dialling international.
Have a client where certain people need to dial USA but do not want everyone to have that facility.

In the outbound rules you can specify which extensions can use a rule. If left blank (default), then all have access.

But the International dial needs to be a restriction. By default once allowed the general outbound rule will allow international dial.

Most regions have additional prefix digits that are required for international calls, as opposed to national.
If you have your current outbound rules set-up with a catch-all "general" rule, such as by length, that will allow all types of calls, then you will have to create rules that are more restrictive. In other words, create rules specific to local calls, national, and international.
Keep in mind that the rules are read from top to bottom, with the first match being followed.

Sorted. I have top rule routing calls to prefix 011 through the gateway if dialled from one of a group of extensions. a secondary rule routing calls with a prefix of 011 to disconnect.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.