Restrict the Call from Extension Number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by johnorillo, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnorillo

Hi to All!

Is there anyone knows how to restrict the extension number to make a call, but this extension is allowed to call all number in the phonebook. For example, the phonebook is having extension numbers, mobile numbers and international numbers.

Thank you and Regards!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You'll have to be a bit more specific about the number(s) you want to restrict. Restrictions can be done in the outbound rules, or, depending on the make/model of phone, internally, using a dialplan within the phone/ATA.

3. johnorillo

I know how to restrict from the Outbound rules, I just get puzzled when my boss told me that one of the specific extension number cannot call any number that is not listed on our phonebook. In the Outbound rules, I cannot find a way to select the phonebook list. The only thing I can see is to type each number, but I don't want to do it because there is a lot of numbers in the phonebook.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Call a number, from that extension, not in the phone book, then look at the 3CX log. It will show what is happening to the call and (hopefully) why it isn't going through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.