Retreiving Voice Mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mgmache, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgmache

Setting up my 3cx configuration.
    I selected 4 digit extenstions instead of 3 digit extensions.

I am unable to reach VM unless I use 9999 (not 999)

I am trying to figure out how to retreive VM remotely (from outside phone line).

Everything I see says you can access from anywhere on the IVR menu.

I have digital receptionists, and if I use 999, it just starts same prompt again, and if I use 9999 it give s me an ivr error "An error occured in ivr session, sorry"

I can transfer internally to vm using 9999, but not from outside. I want my outside users to be able to access their VM remotely (from a cell phone, etc.... ) they are in temp locations, so they don' t have place for hard or softphones at the moment...

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That's how it is. For 4 Digit Systems you have to dial 9999
    For 3 Digit Systems you use 999
    or for 2 Digit systems 99

1) Setup a VoIP Provider Connection.
    2) After it's completed successfully make a new Inbound Rule and use the DID number your Provider gave you.
    3) In the Inbound Rule / DID page you can Redirect all Incoming External Calls to a Digital Receptionist.
    4) Setup a Digital Receptionist with Option 0 to Redirect you to Extension 999.

So now every person who calls from outside the office will hear a message from your Digital Receptionist saying : Press 0 for your Voice Mail
    And will go to their Voice mails.

is this what you asked for? :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mgmache

perfect! thx... that is exactly what I was looking for... I was trying to xfer to voice mail, not to extension...

can't wait to have my full running version installed in my restaurant, then I'll bridge it with my office (free version) one ...

M

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Matt - is right > Bridges are only available in Licensed versions of 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.