Retrieve VM from Different Extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BobD, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobD

How do I connect to the voice mailbox of a different extension?

In older versions of 3CX, it used to prompt for extension and then PIN. Now it just prompts for PIN. I looed through Custom Parameters but didn't see a way to change this.

We have 10 phones and only want a single voice mailbox for the entire company.
    I've setup extension 101 as a dummy extension with VM and have all unanswered calls forwarded to extension 101.
    Ideally, we'd like the message lamp on these Polycom phones to blink whenever Extension 101 has a message.

Can this be done? Alternatives?

TIA, Bob

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

1 way is to use the MyPhone application put in the desired extensionfor whoms vm you want to hear, 2 create an auto attendant call in go to the vm extension 999 then type in the desired extenson. I hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can disable the PIN request in the extension settings, tick.. Disable voicemail PIN request, if you wish.

Normally, if an extension dials the VM number (999?), they should be asked for the extension number, of the VM they wish to check, then the PIN. (Sorry, should have added that this applies if they do not currently have a mailbox assigned to their extension)

Have you tried adding extension 101 as an additional key, to all of the sets. If the set has the option to display the MWI for secondary lines, then when a message is left they would have notification and could select that extension key, then dial 999 or press the VM key.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When you dial VM, hit # when it answers. It will then ask for the extension to check, then will ask for the pin.
    Do not hit # after entering the extension number (people are used to using that for enter). If you do, it will keep asking for extension number.

So,
    Asks for pin: #
    Asks for extension: 100
    Asks for pin: ????#

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.