Reverse from SP5 to SP4 ? ** NOT AVAILABLE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bullan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullan

There are any way to reverse from Sp5 to SP4?

cause after upgrade to SP5 the system stop working properly, I can't use one of my providers;
    everything worked fine with 8 version and with v9 SP4 and is still working (I asked a friend to setup on this machine my voip provider and it's working very well there, but he is still using v8. version of 3cx system)

or is v8 still available for dwld somewhere?

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Reverse from SP5 to SP4 ?

In sp4 to sp5 no changes were made that affect internal workings of voip providers.

You should investigate before because you might move to SP4 and have the same problem if it is a network condition that appeared by coincidence just after you installed SP5.

SP 4 focussed mainly on Provisioning.
    SP 5 focussed mainly on queues caller id and ring my mobile simultaneously.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bullan

ok, thanks,
    does anyone here in the team want to investigate?
    it's not routing problem (firewall test OK), it's not provider problem ( I test it with 3 sip softwarephones on the same computer and with 3 ata devices and works perfectly)

the 3cx make the invite, authentication ok, the answer form the provider is SIP : Status: 100 Trying but 3cx does not connect

anyway I can provide a full wireshark log with attempted call and with an finished call on other provider, but it has to be on email, cause I dont want to send full logs over the internet just like that.

Thank you.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

provider is sending trying right?

and then? What does the procvider do? he keeps on trying? and then?

Open the wireshark capture, and see what the exchange is. 3CX Cannot connect is not enough to identify where the problem is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Try reapplying SP5 try again.

What you need to do is go to your PBX's Custom parameters table and find the parameter called: SPSVN_VERS: 15536
    Change this value to 14901, close your Management Console, re-open it and you will now be able to re-download SP5

let us know if you still have the problem after this?

6. Wanderer

Hi
    Since installing this update I have also got problems with my voip provider (Sipgate), outgoing calls keep disconnecting, incoming calls appear to be fine.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check network - we made no changes to core voip provider component in SP5.
    check stun. If outgoing disconnect, they probably do this after 30 seconds correct? This means that ack is not received - typical network problem. You will need to troubleshoot this with wireshark.

8. Wanderer

Hi Nicky,
    Will try wireshark, but it seems strange the only change to our system is the update.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You cannot assume a wild assumption like that - That nothing has changed except the sp ugrade.

The reality is that Default routes, metrics, stun resolution, port mappings on router, Maybe NAT related conditions - these things change and when they change, you do not know that they have changed until something is broken. The thing here is to rule out and try and match the best possible solution to the problem.

What I can tell you is that the code in the Voip Providers section between sp4 and sp5 has not changed except for CALLER ID related stuff. If this were the case, then the call would not work at all and not work for a while and disconnect.

Wireshark will explain in more detail what is happening. You can also open a support request on sipgate - they can tell you with more details what is happening because they can see all the call legs from start to finish.

10. Wanderer

Hi Nicky
    Appreciate your comments, but I have re-applied the SP5 but I have not applied Security Update 5a, and my problem is now solved.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Happy your problem is temporarily resolved.

You could have done nothing and just restarted the services or the machine it would have worked given the info you have provided.

In reality this is what you did - you restarted the services because if you applied sp5 over sp5 you just copied all the service pack files and restarted the services.

So now be careful because unfortunately the problem IS GOING to happen again to you - 1 day or another. :) Its as simple as that...

12. Wanderer

Hi Nicky
    Before re-installing the sp5, services had been restarted and the server rebooted. Are we saying that Security Update 5a is installed ?

Tim

13. bullan

As I said, the problem is in v9 somewhere;
    I found v8 on the internet and I installed it; everything worked and works from the first moment.

to bad none believed it; just because it's free doesn't have to sucks for the support part.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is not a question of believing you or not. I believe a wireshark capture because depicts the reality. We have hundreds of thousands of Version 9's working. Support sucked for you because you didn't provide correct information. Why should we believe you because Mr Bullan decided to wake up one morning and say that version 9 does not work? You are free to say what you want but if you want people/support to take you seriously you have to back your statements with facts. By facts I mean logs, traces, captures and so on. Also mention the voip provider you are using. Maybe there is some incompatibility with that provider - who knows?

You do not fix problems by reverting to an older version. Also there is a risk in this because version 8 does not have the updates present in Version 9 so automatically you are going to a less secure system.

15. bullan

If you look few posts up I said I'll provide full wiresharks logs, but none wanted it. What should I do more? I cannot force you to do something you don't want.
    And I didn't wake up in one morning; if you reread my firsts posts I mentioned that I investigated for few days before posting here, and I (tried to) eliminate possibly factors one by one.

Incompatibility with provider? maybe, but, how do you explain that is working with v8, working with all softphones I tried (even the 3cx phone), working with 3 ATA I have here to play with, but not working with v9?
    It's the same computer, same windows, same router, same ATA, same providers. Only thins changed was v9.

As from security of v8, that's it; I have to live with it; but at least it's working for the period I'm gonna keep it.

Thank you.

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What is the provider in question here?

Well if you want to remain on v8 its up to you. What else can I say?

I can offer that you send me a wireshark capture on v9 and I wil look into it. More than this I cannot do.
    Happy at least we clarified this.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.