• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Rewind Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianoakes

Reaction score
Howdy,

I wanted to see if this was even possible. We are in the process of converting from a Nortel PBX to a 3CX. In testing one of the office managers brought this to our attention. With the Nortel, she would rewind a VM message as it was playing for a few seconds so she could replay part of the message without having to replay the whole message. Great feature actually, I had never noticed this before so it wasn't on my list of things to test.

Is this possible with 3CX? Thanks!

-BrianO

Yes and no.

If simply using a telephone handset, then .....no, the feature does not exists. You can only play or replay the message from the beginning.

If you are using the MyPhone application, then.....yes, you can use the Windows Media Player to play the message which allows complete control oh where in the stream you want to start/stop/relay a message. This of course also assumes access to speakers/headset.

Yes and no.

If simply using a telephone handset, then .....no, the feature does not exist. You can only play or replay the message from the beginning.

If you are using the MyPhone application, then.....yes, you can use the Windows Media Player to play the message which allows complete control of where in the stream you want to start/stop/relay a message. This of course also assumes access to speakers/headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.