Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ricoh multi-function Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by davesampieri, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davesampieri

Hi, we are in the process of setting up a trial of the 3CX PBX and have a question regarding faxes.

The Ricoh Aficio multi function units appear to support faxing via SIP, but I cannot find any in-depth information on using them with 3CX.

Here is the scenario:

Each Ricoh unit has a phone line and a network connection. The network connection has an IP address that is used for printing and scanning.

I would like to setup the Ricoh to use the network to register with 3CX as a fax machine so that it can send and receive faxes via 3CX.

I understand that not all SIP providers support T.38 and I am willing to purchase additional software if necessary, but I think the first hurdle is to figure out the SIP settings on the Ricoh units.

Please let me know if you have any experience with setting those up and can offer some advice.

Thanks - Dave

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You say that the unit "appears" to support SIP faxing. Is that not documented in the manual? Can Ricoh not provide support at all? Have you actually had the machine set up to fax, other than using the phone line connection, i.e. , directly with a VoIP provider?

A number of multifunction units on the market make use of an Ethernet (or wireless) connection for scanning and Faxing, but do not use that connection for faxing, that's why they still come equipped with a phone line connection.. You have to confirm that the machine is a SIP device, and will register with a SIP provider.

Even then, there is no guarantee it will pass faxes, without , perhaps, a lot of tweaking.

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

We recommend using relayfax with 3cx for fax sending

Contact me for details

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.