Ring a SIP phone and an ATA at the same time, any issues ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fatboy40, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I'm setting up 3CX to replace our current phone system (a Samsung Compact DCS II, a digital phone system), and on our shop floor we have a single phone that has an analogue port presented on the rear of it that connects to a bell so that the ring of an incoming call can be heard over loud machinery.

Now with a SIP phone I can't immediately replicate this setup ?. I'm not aware of any SIP phone that presents an analogue port on the rear (allmost an integrated ATA ?).

So all I can think of is to install a SIP phone registered to the virtual extension, and then install an ATA which is also registered to the same extension and connected to the bell. Am I correct in thinking that with 3CX more than one device can be registered to a virtual extension so that in theory the above solution would work ?.

Thanks.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Yes you can do that.

Your other choice would be to set up a second extension with the ATA as that 2nd extension and then create a ring group with Ring All and add those two extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.