Ring Additional DID or Additional Queue to Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by greg@summitrad, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg@summitrad

We are running 3CX V12 on Yealink T46G phones running the approved 3CX Firmware from Yealink.

I have a group of users that need to be able to tell when a second line is ringing on their phones (A different number (DID) from the primary number).

The Main Number corresponds to a Queue the three users are in for routine calls.
    They need a second phone number to ring through to them; however, I need to be able to give them some sort of visual indicator that the second phone number is ringing through to them, even if they are on the phone. (So they can see it and place a caller on hold to answer it).

Ideally they should be able to see that either the Main number (A DID really) is ringing, or the Second number (A different DID) is ringing, at any time. The second line is a Physician Direct line where various Physicians / Offices will call and directly consult with our Physicians, bypassing the regular phone trees. I can setup the DID and have it ring the group as a Priority queue. It's how do I present them with a visual signal and/or an audio signal.

I thought of adding a second account to the phone, but then I don't know how to add a line key (Manually or via XML Templates) to the display for the second account. (We have used the template feature extensively for our varying groups).

Anyone have any good ideas? I'm all ears (Or eyes as the case may be since I'm going to read it).

Greg

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Here are a few links to read over...

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/phone-provisioning-templates/
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-configure-yealink-t32g-t38g-t42g-t46g
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/customize-t46g-template-37880.html

3. greg@summitrad

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear. I know how to edit the XML. I know how to program functions. I can't find a day to change the line on the display to be the line from account 2 instead of from account 1. All 6 line options available (either manual from the phone interface, or via XML are for Account 1).

There's no way to do a BLF for a queue or ring group. So that's out. Just seeing if anyone has done this before. I visual and/or audio queue for a second DID ringing to an extension.
    Greg

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Greg,

If I understand correctly, you have the same agents logged into 2 Queues simultaneously, and if all are busy, you want them to be able to see who is calling and what DID/Queue they are coming in from.
    If this is so first I feel inclined to say that this is possible if the agents have the Presence Window on a 3CX Phone client installed on a computer.

However you could also try this (rather large) workaround:
    1) Edit the extension settings of the agents in the Queue and in the Forwarding Rules -> Available tab and make sure the option ""I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time"
    2) Create a new extension ,edit it and go to the "Other" tab and make sure the Queue Status is set to "LOGGED OUT". For ease of reference lets say this extension is 199.
    3) Go to Management console -> Settings -> Advanced -> Custom Parameters, search for the ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP parameter and change the value from 0 to 1 and press OK.
    4) Create 1 Ring Group (not Queue) that will contain the Extensions/Agents that you want to answer he calls from both Queues.
    5) Now in the 2 Queues you have only put the new Dummy Extension you created (ext 199 as per example) in and as Destination if no Answer select the Ring Group you created in step 4.
    6) All you have to do now is point the DIDs to the correct Queue.

Essentially what will happen is that the users will answer the calls from the Ring Group but they will be waiting in the Queue. A characteristic that Ring Groups have is that the extensions can be alerted if another call is dialing in, so you should see the "Line2" BLF flash and also see the Caller ID of the 2nd incoming call on the phones screen.
    Note that you might want to increase the timeout of the Ring Group as well.

I have not tested this extensively but it should do what you want. Keep in mind that these features were not meant to be combined this way so guaranteed performance cannot be given.

Try it out if you want though and let us know :)

5. greg@summitrad

I will test it today.
    Thank you for the response, we'll see what happens.
    Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.