• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring All - Not all phones ring right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZabudske

Forum User
Reaction score
I have a ring group set up with 4 phone extensions. The ring group is set to ring all. I do have a DID number assigned to the ring group. If both phones are idle (not on call, not in DoD, not set to "away") sometimes 1 phone will ring before the others or any combination IE 2 ring once then the other 2 ring a few seconds later.

Is there a setting I am missing? Both phones are Yealink T23G. Both same firmware and both with same configuration.

To me, seems like a network issue getting the notification to all the phones at the same time.

Try a basic test: put the 4 phones on the same data switch, same IP network, and give it a shot.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hello @MrZabudske

Please note that the PBX will send an Invite to all members of the Ring Group at the same time. You can confirm this by using wireshark to capture the Invite messages. You can then see the time intervals between the messages. If the problem is not there then it is probably a networking issue or a phone issue. Another test you can run is installing a few windows clients in the same network and trying to replicate the issue with those.

I have seen identical ATAs, and sets, as a part of a ring group, where the actual ringing is not always in sync.

Try a basic test: put the 4 phones on the same data switch, same IP network, and give it a shot.

Phones are on the same switch and same network and same subnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.