ring cell and IP phone together

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

are you forwarding from the phone or from 3cx Forwarding Rules?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A posted 3CX Server log of one of the "no audio" calls might help.

You can X out part of any public phone numbers or public IP's

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Had a look over the logs. Nothing to indicate that there is any issue that would be causing "no audio" problem. You might want to make use of the Verbose setting and examine the logs from 18:42:54:174 to 18:43:23:134, or the same portion, if you try the call again. It may be something internal to the gateway (Codec issue?), which may not show in the 3CX logs. The call shows both trunks in the gateway being "connected" together but beyond that, no error messages.

On a side note...I find that using a PSTN gateway (rather than VoIP) to forward calls to outside numbers, mobiles in particular, has its drawbacks. In most cases, a call using a PSTN gateway is seen as answered by 3CX just after the outgoing digits are sent. This happens whether the call is actually answered or not. The fact that you are now using the ring my mobile at the same time feature, which I personally think is a better option, means that the call will never "come back" to the extensions 3CX voicemail even if the mobile does not answer, or the caller reaches a network "out of service area" message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.