• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring Cell Phone as Part of Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

integrity2

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm coming from Trixbox, trying to figure out how to get everything working...

What I would like to do is have my cell phone ring as part of a ring group. For example, a ring group called "Emergency" that rings my cell # and a couple others, as well as office extensions.

I've setup a "fake" extension (30) and forwarded ALL calls to my cell #. I also enabled "Allow forwarding to external numbers in ring groups Queues on/off" under Global Options.

It still isn't working. Is this even possible? If I dial "30" from my desk phone, it rings my cell phone and I am able to answer it.

Thanks for your help!

Luke

Have you specified any criteria in outbound dialling rules such as calls coming from your ext range etc?

We had a similar problem transferring a external call to an external number.

If you have specified your extension range in the outbound rule , when you place the outbound call from from your phone by dialling 30 it will match the rule and get passed and call your cell. If you try to get the system to call it as part of a ring group, the system does not use an internal extension to make the call so the call is denied.

Might not be it but sounds similar to what I experienced.

Thanks

Paul

Ok, I see exactly what you are saying. In my outbound rules, the only criteria I have specified is that you dial a "8 or a 9". I haven't put any extensions in the extension field. To call my cell, I am using 8xxxxxxxxxx for the #. It DOES work if I just hit "30" on my deskphone. It just doesn't work when I try to call it via a ring group.

Thanks,

Luke

can you try it briefly by removing the 8 or 9 prefix rule?

Just tried it - same thing!

Remove restriction to extensions from outbound rule.

It doesn't have any restriction to any extension - unless I'm missing something!

Thanks,

Luke

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 1,385
Can anyone confirm that this *should* work? ...Or am I beating on a dead horse?

Thanks,

Luke

What you need to do is set a out bound route with your cell number in it as the called number. Without knowing your setup if you say in extn 30 forward all calls to your mobile with say a 8 or 9 in front, make sure in the out bound route you put the whole number including the 8/9 and set a trunk for it to dial out on and "strip" one digit.

Happy to help if i can

I can confirm, that it should work. I do the same way.

You can try typing exactly the same number from your phone, like used in your rules. If this works, did you use maybe the free edition? I dont know if the free edition support forwarding

I believe I have the same problem:

I can call my ext 200 which is set to forward to my external number and it works perfectly.

However when that same ext 200 is inside of a ring group it will not automatically forward it will assume the line is busy/unregistered/unanswered and go to the option you have set for "destination if no answer"

thanks ahead of time for the help

I have the EXACT same problem as well. I moved from Trixbox (which has MUCH better followme features) hoping that I could at least emulate some of this. The only outbound dialing rule I have is that a user has to dial 9 to get to the outside line. When I dial the dummy extension (used to forward calls) directly, it rings my cell phone. If I dial it as part of the ring group, it does not. I have tried it using the Simple forwarding rules as well as the Advanced. I HAVE checked the box in the Global Options. I got it to work once when I first setup the system but it has not worked since.

If it helps, I am using the latest version (Not the free one), Cisco 7940/7960 Phones. There is no error in the logs even when I set it to verbose.

PLEASE HELP!

We'v tested and get the same thing - fine if you dial the extension but not if it's part (or the only ext) of a ring group.

Can anyone help? 3cx?

No logs no help

I have mine working, but have to say it plays havoc with v.Mail timing.... I have been playing about with timings so not a very sophisticated tool. In the end the time I have given for me to answer a call is short, a bit too short, but it kinda works.

I also created a second group which I use on an IVR. Rings all numbers within the home/office. If not answered then goes to IVR with option to call whomever, which is a direct call out to the mobile - that works better. This probably does not help in your senario, but what you have set up looks correct and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.