Ring delay between Linksys SPA-3102 and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mark_fad, Sep 5, 2007.

1. mark_fad

Hi,

I have just setup a Linksys SPA-3102 to be the pstn gateway to the 3CX system. I have configured a PSTN line in 3CX and a couple of extensions. I have also setup Line1 on the SPA-3102 to be an extension in the 3CX system to utilise our analog phone.

Dialing out works great however when a call comes in it seems to ring around 7-8 times before the 3CX system responds to a call comming in. Is this a setting in the Linksys gateway that needs to be addressed? Can anyone help to try and reduce the delayed ringing to the 3CX phones??

Thanks

Mark

PS i have followed all the guids on this forum to try and get it configured right. But i may have missed something....

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

SPA3102 Admin Login, Advanced Menu, PSTN Tab, almost to the bottom - section "FXO Timer Values (sec)" and line "PSTN Answer Delay:" - I use "3" on mine. Any lower and you might miss the CID. Default is much higher.

3. mark_fad

Thanks Mirzab. That fixed the problem!! I also set to 3 :)

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

No problem, happy to have helped. Sometimes I feel this Forum is more valuable than the 3CX software :lol: Feel free to PM me for screen prints of my SPA if it would help in any way.