Ring Delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vale, Nov 30, 2007.

1. vale

I am currently having a problem with ring delay on one of my voip phones.

Ill just describe what the setup is briefly and why its currently configured in this way.

I have an ISDN 30 connection with 8 active connections. These are fed into our Siemens Switch via a PRI. We are looking at replacing this system with a Voip PBX but for the time being I am trying to find a work around as to not disrupt the current operation of the phone system and also as a little experiment.

The workaround I have attempted is this. I have connected our grandstream GXW4104 to an extension on the seimens switch(300). I then configured the PSTN connection on the 3CX server and route all calls through this connection to a specific extension(200). From there i then set my desk phone(350) with its DDI to forward all calls to the extension 300. This means that all calls directed at my DDI or internal extension(350) are routed through to the voip phone with the extension 200.
    I also have the ability to dial outward through the siemens switch. Hope your following me so far. Now this all works fine and I can recieve and send calls.

The issue I am having is when I call from an internal extension on the siemens switch or from my mobile or another land line it takes about 3 rings before the voip phone(200) starts to ring. This could be a issue with certain impatient people etc.
    I was wondering if there was anyway to adjust this or whether is just down to the delay of the Gateway and the PBX routing the call through to the voip phone.

This issue does not occur when I am dialling from the voip phone only when dialling to the voip phone.

This could be pretty obvious or just not an ideal workaround but either way any input would be great.

James.