• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring extension with mobile number

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat71

Reaction score
Hi,
I have problem,

When i call the mobile number that is attached to extension number the extension number do not Ring.

Can i make the extension number Ring when some one call the mobile number that is attached to the extension number?

Hope some one can help.

It works the other way around as the mobile device has no knowledge of 3CX. So, it is when you call the 3CX extension you can make it ring the mobile at the same time or forward. You cannot dial the mobile and then expect it to dial the extension unless you have implemented call forwarding at the carrier, in which case, the mobile will cease ringing when called as the carrier will immediately forward to the number you input.

lneblett said:
It works the other way around as the mobile device has no knowledge of 3CX. So, it is when you call the 3CX extension you can make it ring the mobile at the same time or forward. You cannot dial the mobile and then expect it to dial the extension unless you have implemented call forwarding at the carrier, in which case, the mobile will cease ringing when called as the carrier will immediately forward to the number you input.

Yes we have implemented call forwarding with the carrier and when we call mex mobile it suppose to ring the extension.

pat71 said:
Yes we have implemented call forwarding with the carrier and when we call mex mobile it suppose to ring the extension.

You are saying that call forwarding, from the mobile number, is not ringing the 3CX extension? If that is the case, what number do you forward to? The DID assigned to the 3CX extension? That would be the only way that it would ring an extension directly.

Now... (and you'd have to confirm this in the 3CX server logs), if you call the mobile and it is set to forward to a DID which rings the extension, you should not have "Ring my Mobile at the same time" attempting to send the call back to the same mobile. In that case, the mobile would attempt to forward the call right back to the DID and a loop would be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.