Ring External Number fails on version 5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nateb, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nateb

I had this same setup in V3, and it worked, but it doesn't in V5.

I have some extensions setup to forward directly to an outside number. The problem is, I don't have the extension registered anywhere. I have it setup basically for emergency phone numbers. So they could use the digital rececptionist to dial someone's cell phone if needed. Any way, when I test it out, 3cx says the extension isn't registered. And it is correct, But I have also tried to register it to a 2nd account on our phone, and then it just rings the local phone extension, it never forwards it to the outside number like it is supposed to.

Any ideas?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have it working

I set it up on my system and it is working fine. The extension is set up as an internal extension that's never been registered, with the option set to forward all calls to the outside number. Nothing fancy. Can you post a log of the error?

3. nateb

update

ok, dialing the direct extension associated with the external number works. Its when i have a ring group setup, in hunt mode. The log file says error, no one in the hung group is registered.

4. nateb

update

16:09:34.338 Call::RouteFailed [CM503013]: Call(4): Attempt to reach [sip:803@127.0.0.1] failed. Reason: Not Registered
    16:09:34.338 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503014]: Call(4): Target is not registered: HuntGrp803:Ext.200
    16:09:34.323 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503014]: Call(4): Target is not registered: HuntGrp803:Ext.201
    16:09:34.323 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503014]: Call(4): Target is not registered: HuntGrp803:Ext.203
    16:09:34.323 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503014]: Call(4): Target is not registered: HuntGrp803:Ext.202

5. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Have you really set the "forward all calls" option?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nateb

yes

yes it is set

7. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Sounds like a potential bug related to the operation of hunt groups with unregistered extensions then - can you check whether it would forward anywhere else when the hunt group is in this state?

A workaround may be to have a hunt group of fake extensions which then forward all calls to the real extensions on a 1:1 basis?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.