Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring Group allows only 1 call active

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeffj, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffj

Scenerio: Digital receptionists receives call: Press 1 for customer service is setup to route to ring group which works fine. However, if another call comes in and they press 1 for customer serice while all phones in the ring group are active, the called party is then sent directly to voice mail. All phones are setup to handle 3 active calls and it does work because if all phone are active and a caller hits the digital receptionist, chooses a direct extension instead of 1 for the ring group, the called extension gets another call indicator on, place current call on hold and able to pickup additional call.

Why does setting up a ring group only allow 1 incoming call and not ring phone additional extention lines on the phones in the ring group? I want our customer service team to see another call coming in and be able to handle multiple calls from the ring group. We do not want to use the call que feature for it is preferred to answer the calls, place on hold and come back to them unless there is an option on the call que to all this but I have yet to find it.

Your thoughs much appreciated.

-Jeff

Attached Files:

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

This is a common issue.

First, please go into the forwarding rules for these extensions and enable the "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time - uses phone status" setting in each user.

Now this setting will allow you to receive multiple calls, except from RING GROUPS.

You must now go to Settings => Advanced => Custom Parameters and edit the "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" parameter by changing the value from '0' to '1'. This will allow ring groups to ignore the PBX status of the extension and use the phone status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeffj

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, all are set to allow more than 1 call but the change in the Custom Parameters you suggested fixed my issue.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.