• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring group and out of hours behaviour + Phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonp

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

As far as I can tell - I cannot get a call destined for a ring group, but outside of office hours, to go straight to voicemail instead of calling the members of the group first and then going to voicemail.

I know I can achieve this by sending it to a queue (with voiceapp) to do the time basis and then send it to the ring group. My issue with this, is that I end up with a completely useless (to my internal users) queue listed as an extension in the users phonebook.

I can see a number of requests for the ability to hide certain extensions from the phonebook, though these don't appear to have gone anywhere.

Is there a way around this, or do I just have to put up with a bunch of (funtion only) call queues in my phonebook?

Thanks.

Hello @leonp

How are you routing calls to the Ring Group? You may be able to do something before sending it to the Ring Group

Hi,

Incoming call -> IVR -> Option 1 -> Ring Group

Thanks.

Setup Office Hours under Settings - TimeZone. Office Hours and Holidays.

On the incoming trunk / sip change the settings for 'Destination for call during office hrs' and 'Destination for call outside office hrs'

Probably in your example - Office Hrs goes to IVR, Outside Office Hrs goes to extension voicemail.

You may have to create separate IVR for office hrs, and out of office hrs depending on your setup and route the incoming calls correctly.

Note : you can also change the default office hours on the trunk / sip by clicking 'Set up Specific Office Hours for this trunk'

Last edited:
You can avoid using voice apps in Queues but if it's not set in the inbound rule before connecting to the IVR, some kind of dummy extension will be used which may be visible to agents depending on what you mean exactly by phonbook. Can you please clarify if you mean the company phonebook or the extensions being visible when searching within a 3cx client? Because system extension will not show in the phonebook.

Setup Office Hours under Settings - TimeZone. Office Hours and Holidays.

On the incoming trunk / sip change the settings for 'Destination for call during office hrs' and 'Destination for call outside office hrs'

Probably in your example - Office Hrs goes to IVR, Outside Office Hrs goes to extension voicemail.

You may have to create separate IVR for office hrs, and out of office hrs depending on your setup and route the incoming calls correctly.

Note : you can also change the default office hours on the trunk / sip by clicking 'Set up Specific Office Hours for this trunk'

Thanks for your input - but since some of the IVR options function 24/7, I cannot avoid the IVR. Ok - maybe I could create an out of hours IVR, but that's duplicating a lot of setup.

You can avoid using voice apps in Queues but if it's not set in the inbound rule before connecting to the IVR, some kind of dummy extension will be used which may be visible to agents depending on what you mean exactly by phonbook. Can you please clarify if you mean the company phonebook or the extensions being visible when searching within a 3cx client? Because system extension will not show in the phonebook.

I guess I do mean within the client, as I haven't reviewed the phonebook on a physical phone yet.

Another option, send the IVR to dummy / virtual extensions (which you can hide from the address book) and use 'Auto Switch' option to route calls to groups , ivr , voicemails depending on the status of the extension - Available or Away.

Just need to change the routing under status Available or Away

I guess I do mean within the client, as I haven't reviewed the phonebook on a physical phone yet.

All use the same address book, no difference between webclient , 3cx client or physical phone

Groups and IVR do not show in the address book.

Well since you cannot avoid the IVR you must use some kind of a dummy extension and i'm afraid it will be visible when searching the 3cx client. A duplicated out-of-office IVR will also be visible when searching in the client.
Now since this cannot be avoided, you may want to go for the easiest solution. That would be what @Saqqara described
Another option, send the IVR to dummy / virtual extensions (which you can hide from the address book) and use 'Auto Switch' option to route calls to groups , ivr , voicemails depending on the status of the extension - Available or Away.

Just need to change the routing under status Available or Away

just disable "Show presence to group members" in the Rights tab of that extension's settings. It will still be visible when searching from a client but you can differentiate the routing based on internal/external calls so you can just end the call if called from an internal agent.

MariosM_3cx -
why are those that are hidden still showing up in the client?
and why not the ability to hide the ring group/queues from the phonebook?

Hi @craigreilly

You can hide the presence and exclude them from the company phone book but not when searching/dialing in the client. This is how it's implemented at the moment. Nevertheless, these are good points, i would suggest to post in the ideas forum but these are already requested, so feel free to upvote them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.