Ring Group - Busy after second call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sycomites, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sycomites

Hi,

Our system is now running almost 100%. We are just encountering some little issues that I think 3CX should come with by default.

The scenario we are now dealing with is as follows:

We have setup a ring group for all of our extensions. They can speak to each other, audio fine, make and receive calls from inside, outside.

Our ISDN line is connected to a Patton box. All of the incoming calls are forwarded to a Ring Group.

When our ISDN number receives the first call it forwards it to a Ring Group. All of the phones ring. Everything fine.
    When the system gets the second call on the same number the caller will get an engaged tone. The Ring group will say all of the extensions are busy and reject the call.

From my point of view 3CX System should deal with that call, let's say putting it on hold, etc... We had to create a Digital Receptionist specifically for this situation.

Now I am a little bit concerned whether the system when used within large organizatons would be able to deal accordingly in this type of scenarios.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Axel

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

There's a Call Queue which is designed specificall for such kind of scenarios. Use it instead of Ring Group

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.