Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring Group + Call waiting?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techknows, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techknows

Got an issue; really the only one so far....

We have about 11 GXP2000 Phones.... Everything works but we have been requested to setup the system to where when a certain client is on the phone and another call comes in; they would like to see it on their second line. Now we have achieved this before but only by making 4 seperate accounts for each phone then with certain inbound call rules we can route them to a certain accounts.

Example

Phone with extension 101 has 3 other extensions (or SIP accounts) as: 111, 121 and 131... Each "Line" on the GXP is regeristered to their respective accounts.. (Line 1 = 101; Line 2 = 111 etc..)

When a call comes in on line 1 its routed to all the extensions 101-108; Line 2 routed to all extensions 111-118; line 3 routed to 121-128 and line 4 routed to 131-138.

This is fine and it actually works but its a large hassle to have to create 32 extensions for 8 phones.... I know there has to be an easier/more effiecient way...

Now starting over with just one extension for each phone this is what i've teseted:

If a client is on the phone and a call comes in and is routed directly to their phone (not through ring group) then it does show up as it should on line 2. BUT if the client is on a call and the next call is routed through a ring group then it WILL NOT show up on line 2....

I've tried to set the "If extension busy then forward to [Same Extension]" But it doesnt work....

Basically it looks like ring groups will ignore a phone if it already has a call....

Is there anyway to force the ring group to ring the phones that may already be on calls?

Long post i know but if you have any questions or if i didnt explain anything all the way please let me know.... We are trying our best to figure this one out....

2. techknows

Sorry to answer my own post; after about 3 hours of research i see this is a problem with V5 of 3CX.... Tried the phone status setting as well; no dice...

I sure hope they fix this soon; my client is going to murder me! :cry:

3. christianw

Hmm.. I have the same issue with Linksys SPA941 phones and 3cx v5. Anyone knows when this will be fixed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.