Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring group does not timeout

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stever, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stever

I set up a simple ring group for testing with 2 extensions that rings all. It has a 20 second timeout. I left the default to End Call if no answer. I set a DID to go directly to this ring group. When I call in, the ring group rings continuously. It never times out. I can tell that around the 20 second mark there is a slight pause then both phones continue ringing. It does this every 20 seconds. I turned off Supports Reinvite on both extensions. I don't know that it matters, but one extension is is the default receptionist. Both extensions can accept calls from ring groups. I am using Yealink phones for testing. Everything works fine if I answer the phone, it just won't time out. I have deleted the ring group and added it back. I am sure that it is something pretty basic that I am missing.

Any ideas?

Steve

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @stever

Can you please check if this happens when calling the ring group from an internal extension instead of calling the DID? In addition, try changing the destination if no answer to a voicemail instead of ending the call and see what happens.
    Also, while the caller is waiting what can be heard? A dial tone or the music on hold?

3. stever

When I change it to a voice mail destination, it times out properly from an outside call. When calling from another extension, it times out properly no matter what the destination is. When calling in from DID, the caller hears ringing while waiting.

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You may need to check the PBX's logs and do a wireshark capture of the call flow in order to troubleshoot this. If you want collect the logs and capture as per the following guide and send me a PM with the files to have a look.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/collecting-logs-for-3cx-support/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.