Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring Group doesn't forward Caller Id?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dantech888, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dantech888

I'm currently using V11. I have everything set up and I'm doing my testing. Both my gateway ports are set to connect to a ring group. However, when the phones ring, the caller id shows "Main Ring Group (anonymous)", when really I would like it to forward the number that's coming from the gateway. I cannot find an option to do this.

Anybody else run into this issue? I found very little information in the forum search.

Thanks,

Dan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX logs to be sure that 3CX is getting the CID from your gateway.

You don't say what type of gateway you are using, PSTN, ISDN, PRI, etc.

CID options may not be set-up correctly on the gateway.

3. dantech888

leejor,

Thanks for your response. I'm using a Patton 4114 FXO. I'll check the logs but I'm almost positive it was coming through.

Thanks,

Dan

4. dantech888

leejor,

You were right on. The real problem was the gateway was sending the call to 3CX before the caller id burst came in. Had to reconfigure it to only send it after.

Thanks,

Dan

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One of the most common CID problems when using PSTN. People forget that CID (in North America) is sent between the fost and second ring and don't take that delay into account when setting up the gateway options. That, and forgetting that they never ordered the CID option on the phone lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.