Ring Group Fails with Extension using iPhone Client

Discussion in 'iOS' started by DSXDATA, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

After V15.5.5 update ring group is answered with dead air. After much experimentation, removing an extension with an iPhone client resolved the issue. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

More information from client on this issue:

It is a brand new iPhone 7 running iOS 10. The version of the 3CX software is 15.2.6. When the phone app is active, the phone will ring normally. When it tries to transition to the 2nd ring group the call becomes dead air. On the iPhone when this happens, the call still rings. We tried to answer the phone on the iPhone when the dead air was occurring. The caller got hold music and the iPhone got dead air. No communication could be made. When the caller hung up the iPhone also got disconnected. The iPhone was just idling the entire time while the 3CX app ran in the background.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mathew barker

having a similar issue with a server i have set up for testing. it currently has 2 ring groups, both set to ring all with increasing numbers of phone in each group.

if the iphone is in 1st ring group but doesn't answer the call, when the call is passed to the 2nd ring group the iphone automatically answers the call without any interaction by the user. If the roles are reversed then the phones ring as intended. The app has only recently been installed and the server is on the latest stable version. I havn't played with any options in the iphone app

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Mathew
    I think I found something about this. Are you a member of our iOS Beta/TestFlight program?

5. mathew barker

No I have entered my details into the form but as yet I've not been added.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

No problem, I will add you, but please only send me by PM your Apple ID (the one in device's Settings/iTunes & App Store)
    Most probably next week we'll upload a new one containing this fix, I will keep you informed.
    Thanks
    vali

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, we just uploaded 15.2.7.215, so it should be available for download via TestFlight.
    @DSXDATA, if you're member of our Beta program, please try this build and let us know if it fixed the issue.
    Thanks
    vali

8. mathew barker

Tested the beta on my system over the weekend and the iphone no longer auto answers and rings correctly. So seems much better to me already.

9. Heath

Heath New Member

How does one become a beta tester???

10. mortenjorge

Vali_3CX likes this.
  11. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Heath, Morten was faster than me :D
    Meantime I sent you PM with instructions.
    thanks Morten :)

mortenjorge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.