Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Ring Group forward to external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by THCO, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THCO

Hello all,

First let me say that since I have been playing with 3cx is has been amazon. It is really stable and easy to deploy. I have 1 nagging problem. I am running version 15.5 beta on the free version.

I setup a ring group with 2 extensions included in the ring group. I want to to forward to an external number after 15 seconds if no one answers. When I test this I get an error message in the logs that state

05/16/2017 3:25:40 PM - [CM503003]: Call(C:16): Call to <sip:131@172.18.2.3:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from 172.18.2.17:5060
    05/16/2017 3:25:40 PM - [CM503003]: Call(C:16): Call to <sip:132@172.18.2.3:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from 172.18.2.22:5060
    05/16/2017 3:25:40 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for XXXXXX can not be built!

I have no clue where to go from here, Anybody can chime in and help would greatly be appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @THCO

Do you have an inbound rule in place that matches the number you are trying to dial? Are you using the destination if no answer of the Ring Group?

3. THCO

I have an inbound rule that was created when the ring group was created. When I call the DID assigned to the ring group everything works great, the 2 extensions ring. I have destination to no answer is selected to forward to outside number. This is the issue I am having. It will not forward and generates the two error messages I posted in the original post.

I did check in the settings that in pbx settings, that Allow forwarding to external numbers in Ring Groups and Queues is checked.

The strange thing is, I can forward to external number on an individual extension and that works great.

Is almost that virtual ring group extension does not have permission to use any of the out bound rules I have created.

4. datamerge

datamerge New Member

In your outbound rule have you specified any "calls from extensions", or "calls from extension groups"? If you have that rule wont fire from a ring group overflow. You need to construct a rule only based on destination parameters. i.e. "Calls to numbers starting with prefix" and/or "Calls to Numbers with a length of"

5. THCO

That worked awesome, it is now working correctly. I can't thank you enough for helping me with this.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sorry i did mean outbound rule not inbound, glad to hear all is working now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.