Ring Group Forwarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by retailx, May 25, 2007.

1. retailx

Can anyone advise of the best 3CX settings/config for the following scenario:

Using SPA3102 and have PSTN line and VOIP gateway registered. Calls coming in on the PSTN line are currently routed simulataneously to all extentions on a ring group.

I want to be able to route calls received out of office hours on the PSTN line to a mobile number using the VOIP gateway.

What is the best way to achieve this using 3CX?

I do not have digital receptionist configured.

Niall (Ireland)

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can do this by routing calls to that particular number to your mobile outside office hours. Then inside office hours route them to the ring group. Note that you can not include extensions forwarded to outside numbers in a ring group.

3. retailx

Nick,

thanks for the reply and apolgies for the delay in replying.

The only place that I can see to configure this for the PSTN line in 3CX is under Line Configuration. Under this option I cannot see any option to direct the calls on this line to another number. the only options I have here for 'out of office hours' are:

Reject Calls
    Extension
    Ring Group
    Digital Receptionist
    Voicemail box for extension

I do not have the option to forward to a mobile/other number. Am I in the right area of the system?

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

You can create a dummy ext. under "Phone Unregisted"=>at Forward to outside Number" key the PSTN number. Then define "Route inbound calls out of office hours" point to that extension. It works for me.

PS. It just works on one to one mapping. It cannot forward to a group of PSTN numbers.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks for your post 5qj4....

You're right, the best way to do this is create an extension, configure it to forward to an outside number and then route to this extension outside office hours.

6. retailx

Yes; that works for me. Many thanks to both of you for your help.

7. todd

How to release 3Cx incoming line?

but after forward to an outside number, the incoming line still not rales untill the call finished. how to set up it as after forward to an outside number and release the 3Cx incoming line?

8. todd

How to release 3Cx incoming line?

but after forward to an outside number, the incoming line still not rales untill the call finished. how to set up it as after forward to an outside number and release the 3Cx incoming line?

9. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The incoming line still in use untill the call finished is normal. It seem you are now using analog line.

Even the PSTN provider also the same. But they are using the digital lines. 3CX IPPBX's functions is almost the same as PSTN provider class PABX. Except it still cannot support T.38 (FAX).

If the caller "A" call your mobile phone, then you forwarded to other phone "B". And your mobile back to wait for new call incomming. Actully, the connection between caller "A" and phone "B" will keep untill the call finished.

If your 3CX PBX use T1 IDA-P trunk line ( normally 200-300 PSTN number and 23 calls at the same time). If your ext is 100. PSTN caller "A" call your ext 100, then you transfer the call to ext 200. Even caller "A" and ext 200 still taking. And your ext 100 still can waiting for new incoming call.

10. todd

Thanks!

I tried other software CallButler which Ifine from http://www.callbutler.com/Download/

after trasfer to other phone no. the incoming line disconnect.
    this funtion will hele me to reduce network traffic.

11. todd

Thanks!

I tried other software CallButler which I fine from http://www.callbutler.com/Download/

after trasfer to other phone no. the incoming line disconnect.
    this funtion will hele me to reduce network traffic.