• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring group - group voicemail not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

muaddib32

Reaction score
As suggested somewhere in the forum I have set up a dummy extension which diverts straight to voicemail. I created a ring group and have set it to divert directly to the voicemail for this extension if not answered. I have configured one of the soft keys on the group's phones to this voicemail. It lights up when messages are waiting.

It used to work fine. It has suddenly stopped working. Calls are now disconnected when forwarded from the ring group. If I configure a single extension to forward on not answered to this voicemail it works fine.

However if I forward a DID rather than the main line to the ring group and then get this to forward on not answered to the voicemail then I get a message "the person at extension xxx is unavailable". It does not forward to the correct voicemail, not does it disconnect the call.

I forgot to mention that I have checked the server log and it shows the following for every extension in the ring group:

Call to sip:[email protected] has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated; from IP:192.168.1.22:5060

Worked it out. It has NOTHING to do with the 3CX system. The penny dropped when I realised it was disconnecting after 15 seconds when the call forwarding is set to 20 secs. When I change the call forwarding for the group to 5secs it works perfectly. The voice provider must be cutting off the calls. I will chase up with them

wasy enough on that one.

Actually, i am having the same issue, but all phones registered fine and vm works fine if you call ext direct. However, ring group failing to fwd to ext no matter what ext vm or time i use. i set all times high and ring group to 5 secs, still failing. message is "this call could not be completed"

A look at the 3CX log (a post), of a failed call, might give people some insight into what is actually happening. Otherwise, it's just a guess.

the log states both SIP devices in the ring group terminated the call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.