• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring Group ID on 3CX Android clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnesota

Free User
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not getting a response on the Android sub-forum so I am posting here.

The problem we're having with our 3CX Android client is that when the phone is in standby (screen off) or 3CX is not open, when a call rings to the phone from the PUSH service, it only shows the phone number Caller ID instead of that PLUS the Ring Group ID.

We really need all incoming calls to show the Caller ID in addition to Ring Group ID so our customers know which ring group the call is destined for as it changes how they answer the call. Is there going to be an update to 3CX Linux and/or 3CX Android app to make the Ring Group ID function properly even with the PUSH message?

Thank you

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ring-group-not-showing-in-caller-id-on-android.48051/

Hello @minnesota

As i mentioned on the other post this is a limitation of the Push message.
I really wouldn't know if or when this is going to be implemented for Android as this is up to the development team.

Hello @minnesota

As i mentioned on the other post this is a limitation of the Push message.
I really wouldn't know if or when this is going to be implemented for Android as this is up to the development team.

I understand but this works fine on our iPhone clients so we really need it to work on Android as well.

How does this request get passed on to the Android development team? I assume since you work at 3CX that you are able to reach out to them and see when this will be implemented as it is a very crucial feature.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.