Ring Group missed calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ThomasBrodkorb, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasBrodkorb

Hello together,

maybe I'm missing something, but all our calls go to a ring group - which is how we want it.
    Now, the problem is that I cannot see the missed calls anywhere.
    We do have distributed offices across the country. Therefore there is just one phone per office and when that person is talking, and nobody else picks up, we have a missed call.
    The IP desk phone does not show missed calls which were missed while talking.
    The Windows Soft Phone just shows the missed direct calls to that number.
    The Switchboard shows active calls and pending calls inside the ring group.
    But there is no list of "Missed Ring Group Calls" I can find.
    Might anybody be able to tell me where I am wrong?

Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

As the call was never sent to a phone, there is no missed call that you will see on the phone.

Imagine, if you had 20 members of a ring group and the ring strategy was ring-all. Now then, assume that all 20 are idle and a call comes in and is answered. This would then result in 19 missed calls being reported by the 19 that did not answer.

So, while you may only have one member, the ring group function treats it the same. Presumably, you have a fail-over destination set-up and this is where you would need to go to understand what was missed by the ring group member.

3. ThomasBrodkorb

It was sent to all other phones in the other offices.

What I would have expected is that the 3cx SoftPhone (CTI mode) or Switchboard would show the missed calls at least.
    What I can see in the Switchboard is the current calls, the status of the 5 ring group members and the pending calls in queue.
    There is no place I found anywhere where I can see (easily) the number I have to call back.

Any ideas?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

The first thing we should clarify is that Ring Groups do not show up in the switchboard. You can see the individual extensions that are in the Ring Group but no stats and no missed calls for the Ring Group.

Moving on from that, when a call comes in a Ring Group and nobody in the Ring Groups answers the call there is a missed call on all phones in the ring group. If one agent answers the call though no missed call is left because the call was answered.

Soft phones in CTI mode have a missed call in their call log. The call history lights blue when a missed call has been made.

Now if i understand correctly what you mean is that when agents are already busy with a call and a new call comes in there is no missed call on the phones. And that is correct because the phone that is busy does not ring if already busy so no missed call is left. If you want to see what calls where missed when all your agents where in a call you have to, like Ineblett pointed out, forward the call to another extension where it would log the missed call.

With that in mind i think that it would be more beneficial if you used a Queue where better handling of callers is possible.

5. ThomasBrodkorb

Hello and thanks for the answer,

First I need to apologize for my ignorance, I was actually talking about a QUEUE, not a Ring Group.

Our configuration is quite simple. There is one queue only and all extensions are in that queue.

A softphone (at least the 3cx one) does NOT show any missed calls for the queue.
    The only missed calls shown are DIRECT calls to that extension.
    What the softphone shows is all incoming and outgoing calls, even when made from desk phone.
    So the Softphone is useless for this purpose.

Now, the switchboard does show all extension for the queue, and in the manager view, also the calls in that queue.
    It shows active calls in green, waiting calls in orange, outgoing calls in blue when not waiting, yellow when answered.

It is actually a great idea to put a second IP Phone to each desk just for showing the missed calls, at least for the companies producing the phones.

All I can say is that the old 3CX I was using before upgrading to v14 had a program called 3CX Assistent. That was able to show the missed calls in the queue as well.
    The new 3CX Soft phone does not. It shows an incoming call (via Queue) and the call disappears when call is dropped. But no missed call. Internal calls between extensions are shown in the missed calls list in the 3CX SoftPhone

I hope that we might be able to find a place now where the missed calls for a queue are shown.

thx,
    Thomas

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The missed calls for a queue are shown in the 3cx soft phone, just click on the call history icon and select the abandoned queue calls option.
    That tab displays only unanswered calls from the queue.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Attached Files:

7. ThomasBrodkorb

Yeap, that is what I'm looking for, only issue is, the list is empty except for ONE call on the 25th of January (from my own mobile).

Seems we are getting closer.
    Turning out to get down to a setup issue.

Is there any setting which could prevent these calls from being shown?

Attached Files:

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Not as far as I am aware. If someone answered the call that came into the Queue, then it will not show up there. If someone calls into the Queue and hangs up before the call is answered by any agent, then it should show up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.