Ring Group not alerting extension it has a call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by XcamaroX, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XcamaroX

Hey guys,

I know this should be easily done, but I cant figure out how to do it.

I have a Ring Group (virtual extension 802) that has 4 extensions in it: 100,101, 102 and 103. If extension 100 receives a call and decides to send it to this group of phones, it does a transfer 802 and the call gets transferred. Now if ext 102 and 103 are in a call ONLY 101 will ring. What I would like to do is that it rings on ALL extensions even if on a call (just in case they hang up the original call when they are done and can pickup the one that got transferred).

The settings of the Ring Group is to RingAll and the phones in use are Yealink T23's. All the extensions have the multiple calls (enabled) and Accept calls from Ring Groups (enabled).

Do I need to do something on the phone itself to allow this? If yes, where exactly?

Thank you in advance!

2. XcamaroX

I forgot to mention that we are running V.15, and ALL phones are T23's Yealink.

3. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

There's a custom parameter that needs to be changed to be able to accept multiple calls from a ring group / queue.
    It's very important to note that 3cx doesn't approve of changing this setting, and if you have any issues the first thing they'll have you do is put it back to what they recommend (0).

upload_2017-4-5_13-10-46.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. XcamaroX

Jason, you are a genius! That fixed my problem!

Do you know how this setting might affect other parts of the system?

You really are the man!

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

I've asked 3cx that question a few times and never gotten a straight forward answer. They REALLY don't like us changing this though, so I'm assuming there's a risk of the server catching on fire, your dog getting sick, and your wife cheating on you (amongst other possibilities). ;)

Have a great day!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. XcamaroX

Haha, I love sense your sense of humor, keep it up brother!

Best!

7. 3cxBora

This a great feature to have and very helpful. Most other phone system has this enabled by default.

Do you know if a way make ring or tone when the 2nd calls comes when you enable this feature? Currently, it blinks the 2nd line or does not make any sound.

#7 3cxBora, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  8. 3cxBora

Once the parameter is changes, which services do it need to restart?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is up to the particular set you are using. In most cases, it won't be an audible ring, so as not to disturb you, as you are already on the phone, presumably in front of, or at the least within sight of a flashing key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.