• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

ring group not ring extensions simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

radelman

Reaction score
Two ext set up, both internal, one to a GXP2010 and one extension to dial an outside number. With both exensions in a ring group, only the internal extension rings. Any thoughts?

Hi

Can you please clarify your setup and intended result?

If you dial this extension directly, does it get forwarded it to an outside number?

Darrell Chapman

I can dial the ext that is forwarded to the outside line and that works fine. I can dial the ext of the GXP phone and that works fine. When I set up a ring group to ring both ext simultaneously, only the GXP phone rings, but the external number is not dialled.

radelman,

This sounds like a bug to me. If each extension is behaving as expected but not in the ring group, then I would expect there's a bug somewhere in the system.

You might want to repost this issue to the 3CX Phone System General forum instead on this one to see if someone their has a solution.

Darrell Chapman

Hi

Thanks for the clarificatrion.

When calling a Ring Group the extension settings (on the extension) like forward to outside number are ignored, hence this is not a bug.

William400,

Why would they be ignored? Off-hand I can't think of a reason why this would be setup this way.

Darrell Chapman

radelman said:
Two ext set up, both internal, one to a GXP2010 and one extension to dial an outside number. With both exensions in a ring group, only the internal extension rings. Any thoughts?

It is not necessary to post the same thing in all available parts of forum.

Please check my answer in "Feature requests"
There is a question for you.

Thanks

Hence the reason I think we all need to agree on posting guidelines.

Darrell Chapman

darrellchapman said:
radelman,

This sounds like a bug to me. If each extension is behaving as expected but not in the ring group, then I would expect there's a bug somewhere in the system.

You might want to repost this issue to the 3CX Phone System General forum instead on this one to see if someone their has a solution.

Darrell Chapman

Darrell,

If call is addressed to specific extension then extension is responsible to deliver call.
If call is coming to ringgroup then ringgroup is responsible to deliver the call to available extensions. It is a clear hierarchy, isn't it?

Could you please read my answer in "Future Requests" and post your comments there.

Thanks

Stepan,

First of all, I'm not sure who your replies where to (in either forum); me or the original poster? This is not my post. I was simply trying to help the poster.

My reply about the "posting guidelines" has to do with the fact that if there were some, radelman wouldn't have posted this to multiple forums.

Darrell Chapman

darrellchapman said:
Stepan,

First of all, I'm not sure who your replies where to (in either forum); me or the original poster? This is not my post. I was simply trying to help the poster.

My reply about the "posting guidelines" has to do with the fact that if there were some, radelman wouldn't have posted this to multiple forums.

Darrell Chapman

Darrell,

I've asked you to comment my post.
Sorry, if form wasn't correct.

Thanks for your comments

Its just that I didn't know which one of us your questions were directed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.