Ring Group Not Ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gthomson, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthomson

I'm a newbee to 3CX and just installed the free (and DEMO) version 10. I seem to have it limping along with PSTN phone lines via a couple SPA3102s and a couple Aastra (9480i) phones.

The incoming calls on Line 1 (PSTN) are configured to go to a ring group, and if outside business hours, a digital receptionist. Instead all calls are getting routed to my extension (48). I should mention that 48 is also in the said ring group, is the operator, and is set to forward to me in other areas of 3CX.

A line in the log says...

17:16:58.300 [CM503012]: Inbound out-of-office hours rule (unnamed) for 10001 forwards to DN:48

My dillema is...
    -I have no 'Inbound Rules'. They appear to be used for DIDs only? Do I need one?
    -It's not really out of office hours... there setup in 'Settings==>General==>General==> Configure Office Hours' and again in the specific Gateway Setup ('Setup Specific Office Hours').
    -I have nothing named 'unnamed'. Must be an internal default rule hiding beneath the code.

Can anyone help!

Thanx,

gthomson

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The "inbound Rule" is in the settings for the trunk that is receiving the call. You have to specify where to send an incoming call, to an extension, a digital receptionist, or in your case, a ring group. If you choose not to use office hours, then calls will go the same destination at all times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.