Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring Group Not Ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gthomson, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthomson

I'm a newbee to 3CX and just installed the free (and DEMO) version 10. I seem to have it limping along with PSTN phone lines via a couple SPA3102s and a couple Aastra (9480i) phones.

The incoming calls on Line 1 (PSTN) are configured to go to a ring group, and if outside business hours, a digital receptionist. Instead all calls are getting routed to my extension (48). I should mention that 48 is also in the said ring group, is the operator, and is set to forward to me in other areas of 3CX.

A line in the log says...

17:16:58.300 [CM503012]: Inbound out-of-office hours rule (unnamed) for 10001 forwards to DN:48

My dillema is...
    -I have no 'Inbound Rules'. They appear to be used for DIDs only? Do I need one?
    -It's not really out of office hours... there setup in 'Settings==>General==>General==> Configure Office Hours' and again in the specific Gateway Setup ('Setup Specific Office Hours').
    -I have nothing named 'unnamed'. Must be an internal default rule hiding beneath the code.

Can anyone help!

Thanx,

gthomson

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The "inbound Rule" is in the settings for the trunk that is receiving the call. You have to specify where to send an incoming call, to an extension, a digital receptionist, or in your case, a ring group. If you choose not to use office hours, then calls will go the same destination at all times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.