Ring Group not showing in caller ID on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by joshd23, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshd23

I have v15 with the latest service packs. Under Contacts I have set 'Prepend Name" in the Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID. Having the ring group show in caller ID works great on physical phones and the Windows client. However, on Android just the caller ID is showing, the Group name is not showing.

How do I get the ring group to show in caller ID on Android?
    Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could this be an issue with either a number match (override), in the phone itself, or a ring group name that is too long? Do you get any name display (is that sent by your provider?) at all, or just the number?

3. joshd23

Thanks for the reply. I have the ring group set to prepend, so it doesn't seem to be a length issue. I think it's a phone override as you mention, that makes sense. If it's a number unknown to the phone's phone book it just shows the phone number. If it's a number the phone knows the name associated to that number in the local phone book shows. This is happening on both Android and iOS.

Does anyone know if there's a way to override the phone setting and use what comes in from the pbx?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note the ring group name will not be displayed if the call arrives via Push as the push message is limited in capacity. Try having the client open and registered and see if it is displaying the ring group name. Let us know of the results

5. joshd23

That explains it, as the problem is happening on Android and iOS, but works in Windows and on actual phones. Its seems to be a limitation of the Push message. Hopefully extending the capability of the Push message is something that occurs in the future.
    Thanks for the response.

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. joshd23

Hello Vali,
    Yes, my issue seems to be the similar as the link you provided. I believe I'm on SP5, but not sure... I check for updates and it shows I have the latest version, but the version is listed as 15.0.0 on the license settings page. The Android version I have is 15.0.23

8. minnesota

Is the ring group caller ID working on the latest Android version that just came out a week or two ago? We're running SP5 and some testing I did last week showed that when the phone is idle and app not open, the push Caller ID only showed a phone number instead of ring group name as we need to see.

9. matica1

Hello, we have the same issue with clients Android and 3cx v15 sp5. I registered on BETA Android on Play Store but i have not received any new Beta version. I did test today but if the display is off on idle mode i see only the the phone number but not the Ring Group ID. Exist a new beta version? Best Regards

10. minnesota

BUMP. Any update on the push being updated with the Ring Group ID?

11. matica1

My solution is was to set screen timeout on max 30 minutes...

12. minnesota

That's not a solution, that is a workaround. I'm looking for a solution to the problem and that is to get the Ring Group ID put into the PUSH message to the phone so they can be in standby with the screen off. This should be more than achievable and I'm hoping 3CX can comment on this and when it might be implemented.

13. matica1

Yes you are right, this is a workaround. I can't hold my phone android always "turned on", otherwise the battery dies in a months. I'm hope like you that 3CX resolve this lack.

14. minnesota

@YiannisH_3CX

Any update if this is coming soon? Ring group ID in the PUSH message so we can put our Android phones on standby with the screen off? Thanks

15. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @minnesota

I really wouldn't know if or when this is going to be implemented for Android as this is up to the development team.

16. minnesota

How do we go about getting an answer from the development team? This feature already works great on iOS devices but we need Android working as well for our customers.

Thank you

17. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,
    @minnesota update will be available soon

Thank You

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. minnesota

Thank you SO MUCH for an update on this. I know our customers and many other 3CX users will be very happy with this update coming soon.

19. matica1

Hello, today i have installed the new beta version and now it works! Thank you.

20. minnesota

Did you only install the Beta Android app or did you also have to install the 15.5 alpha server as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.