Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

ring group not working properly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by radelman, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radelman

I can dial the ext that is forwarded to the outside line and that works fine. I can dial the ext of the GXP phone and that works fine. When I set up a ring group to ring both ext simultaneously, only the GXP phone rings, but the external number is not dialled.

2. radelman

Wow, now I'm replying to my own posts. The ring group set up to ring multiple extension will only RING an extension in a ring group even though that ext is programmed to dial an outside number. If anyone out there is an "expert" or "professional", perhaps they could report this bug to the powers to be. Does anyone else have this problem?

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please check this post
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/ring-group-not-working-properly-4470.html#p20795
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. radelman

Matt,

I set the ext for the outbound rule as you suggested, but the ext with the outside number does not forward when accessed by the ring group. The ext rings an outside line if the ext is dialled directly. When the ext is dialled directly, the ext does not show ringing on the line/ext status page, which is probably as it should be.

I set the ring group as option "9" on the DR. I tried only having the ext with the forwarded number in the ring group, but when I choose "9" from the DR and look at the line/ext status, the ext is still showing as ringing.

Any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.