Ring group of two - busy queue if even only one is busy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by voiper, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voiper

Hello all,

I have a simple question. On my working space I have two phones. One has the extension 100 (the desk-phone) and another has the extension 101 (the cordless). The problem is, that if I have a call on one phone, the other phone will ring if there is another caller since there is a ring group "myname" which includes these two phones.

I simply want, that a caller will be routed in the call queue "waiting music" (or as an alternative: a "busy" signal will be provided) if ONE of these two phones is busy since I can't answer two calls at the same time :) But I also want, that both phones will ring if there is a call.

For example: I am in the store with my cordless phone. I have a long call. During that call, a second caller try to call me by the same number. Instead my deskphone will ring now I like to route that caller in the call queue as long as ONE of TWO or BOTH phones of the ring group "myname" is busy.

He he, who knows a solution...?

Vaoiper

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Forked ID better fits your needs. Make both phones to be Ext 100 - and they will behave exactly as you described (second call will reply 'busy')

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Could you combined forked SIP with a call queue - so second caller gets queued rather than busy?

(Call queue with one extension, both phones registered to same extension, PBX busy detection)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.