Ring Group Office Hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aberry, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aberry

aberry New Member

I have a couple DIDs routing to ring groups for reception desk type situations. Unfortunately it looks like these ring groups do not follow office hours. Is there any way to force the ring group to obey the global office hours, or even better the office hours of the extension members?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Would the Office Hours of the DID help you at all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aberry

aberry New Member

Thanks for that, I didn't realize that you could set the office hours for the DIDs specifically. I think that is going to allow the behavior that I was looking for.

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Aberry

Yes as craigreilly setup office hours on the DID and route the Calls to a different destination than the Ring group. The ring groups will ignore the forwarding rules for Extensions except in two specific scenarios:
    1) Away and forward call to mobile or External Number
    2) out of office and forward call to Mobile or external number.

There is a reason for that as you can imagine what would happen if one of your ring group members was away>> Send call to voicemail, he would be getting all the Ring Group calls. What is the exact scenario that you are trying to do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. aberry

aberry New Member

Logically that makes sense, thanks.

I think I have the behavior I was trying for, during business hours connect to ring group, outside connect to VM of extension. Basically [Call Received] > [Office Hours Check] > A. [Connect to Ring Group] B. [Connect to VM]

I added office hours rules to the DIDs and that seems to have given me that behavior. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.