• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring Group / Queue shown as internal call's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwerkman

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to change the behaviour of ring group and queue call's? Now these call's are internal. So when my status is i.e. Away I still receive call's from ring groups, even when I set the External Call's to Disconnect. The Internal Call's are forwarded to my cellphone. That is necessary for my collegue so they can reach me.
Thanks a lot.

Since all posts from over the weekend have vanished, I'll answer this again.

A ring group call does not follow an extensions call forward rules as it is not owned by the extension. You can set-up the ring my mobile at the same time option, which should work. However...all calls, internal and external, will ring your mobile.

Thanks for your reply.
Not exactly what I wanted to hear :S
Then another option. I can change the Ring Group to a Queue (with the Ring All option). But is there a trick that when the status changed the agent is logged out of this specific queue?

jjwerkman said:
The Internal Call's are forwarded to my cellphone. That is necessary for my collegue so they can reach me.

If it is just a concern about your colleagues reaching you, then instruct them to them dial your extension number and not use the ring group. A call direct to your extension will follow the call forward rules.

I can't help you much in regards to using a mobile as a part of a queue. I have seen issues come up from time to time. Outbound trunks must be VoIP to allow for answer supervision and there was something recently about requiring a certain 3CX version for the option to be available. Other members may have some suggestions, or you do some searches through past posts.

On a side note...there are "work around" to getting what you are trying to achieve. One i can think of is using an SPA-3102 with the PSTN VoIP port registered as an additional appearance of your extension. the PSTN side could be set to "autodial" you mobile number. Now...this requires a PSTN line, or connection to an ATA as it would be using the tip/ring of the FXO port to initiate the call. The other issue is that the call would be considered "answered" by 3CX as soon as it passed the call to the 3102 (other phones in the ring group would cease ringing), so you would probably want to be able to turn the AC adapter on and off as needed. Not totally practical, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.