Ring Group to mobile calls never hang up..

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mattmiddleton, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattmiddleton

Hi All,
    I'm having a problem with Ring groups and I'm hoping someone can help or give me some advise.

I've got in incoming DID number that goes to a digital receptionist - when someone hits 1 they are diverted to a ring group that rings internal extensions for 60 seconds - if the call is not answered than the ring group diverts to a mobile.

Problem - if the external caller hangs up then the PBX still keeps making the call, the mobile numbers voicemail then picks up and records a blank message - the call never ends.

Is this a PBX bug or have I missed (or messed up) a setting somewhere.

All help appeciated - thanks in advance.
    Matt

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum
    Could you please provide information as requested in http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html?
    Most probably your problem is similar to the problem described in http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-diverted-to-voicemail-results-in-stuck-call-15950.html
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi Matt

Could you goto the VoIP Providers account within the 3CX console, if you have a Proxy server listed, please remove this and try again. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mattmiddleton

Hi Chaps,
    Thanks for the help, still having the problem however.

I'm not using a PSTN gateway - all calls are via a SIP trunk (provided by VoIP Talk) and I have 4 incoming DID's.

Romoving the proxy (then restarting services) results in the same outcome.

Interestingly when I set an extension to divert to mobile if not answered the problem does not occur and the outgoing call from the PDX disconnects if the incoming line hangs up.- only when it goes through the ring group do I get the problem.

I'm using 3CX 9 SP4, VOIPTalk SIP trunk on a business package and Cisco SPA504-G handsets with firmware 7.4.6

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Matt,
    Can you please send me logs and captures - simulating your issue.

So first you will need to change logging level to verbose.
    Open management console> settings > advance and select verbose.
    Restart all services.

Start Wire shark and replicate your issue as described in this post.
    Then generate support info logs (Help>Generate Support Info) and send them to mb@3cx.com
    Thanks and Regards

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you do a test

Remove bind to media server and try with

a) Reinvites and replaces - Send result *(should work)
    b) Re-invites only (????)

Let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.