Ring Group VM? or How to access a different persons VM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SonnyPeas, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnyPeas

So, I have a ring group that has 3 people in it, they all need access to the emails and voice messages, is there a way that I can either make an extension for them so they can all access that one extensions Voice Mail Box or is there a Ring Group Voice Mail

If I have to make an extension for all of them to access, how could they do this <preferred if they could go onto their phone and type in the vm info and access it>

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Group voicemail. Coming soon.. Wait for it. Will not be in the final of 15.5 but shortly after.
    For now lets try and devise a way how we can manage a replica.
    Can you have multiple access to an account or make an email alias? There are ways to get close.
    Yes your idea works too. You make a dummy extension and share the pin of that extension with the Group agents. But it is not unified. I think I prefer to send by email and make an email rule forwarding. Like this the agent does not need to remember yet another pin.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SonnyPeas

Alright, That is good, now I'm having issues with getting to that dummy extensions VM from outside of that phone

example, ext 113 is trying to get to dummy extensions 114's VM.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You need 114's pin. If you do not have it you cannot. There is an option to connect to another person's voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SonnyPeas

perfect so I have 114s pin however I cant connect to their Voicemail. Keep in mind I am trying to access 114 from 113

6. SonnyPeas

I may have figured it out, dial the operator number and immediately press # - then it asks for Extension number <enter it> asks for pin

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

...also
    If the extension number you are calling from does not have voicemail, then you can dial the VM access number, it will ask for the extension number, then PIN. If it is assigned VM, then at the PIN prompt, press #, and you will be asked for the extension number, then PIN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.