Ring group, voice mail not working.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techalex, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techalex

I have three extension, I want them to ring when a call comes in, so I set a ring group to ring all, and they all ring at the same time.

The issue that I am trying to solve is that when a call is not answer, the call is redirected to a voice mail extension, all good up to here, but when the caller is offered to press 0 to leave a message, the system reply saying that "this call cannot be completed, please try again later..."

Now, if I disable the ring group and redirect the call to an extension, if the call is not answer, the caller is offer to leave a message, the caller press 0, then it works just fine.

The log event shows the following:

19:27:56.952 [MS211000] C:12.1: 204.11.192.35:52888 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment.

I am using Windows 7, IIS web server, and callcentric.

I have checked and re-cheked the settings, so I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

Someone else is having similar issue, it was suggested to restart the IIS service, I did that, but also I changed the net framework to 4.0, not sure is this fix the problem, now it works!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In each case are you sending the caller to the same extension?

Does this only happen on incoming (outside) calls from a Gateway or VoIP provider? Have you tried dialling the ring group number (800?) from another extension to see if the same thing occurs?

A caller should not have to press anything to leave a message.

3. techalex

leejor,

You are right, callers don't have to press anything to leave a message, what I meant was after pressing the # sing. Any way the problem is solved. Someone else is having similar issue, and it was suggested to restart the IIS service, I did that, however, I also changed the Net framework to 4.0, not sure if this fix the problem, now is working.

One thing that I did not try was to dial the 8000 ring group extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.