Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring group, voice mail not working.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techalex, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techalex

I have three extension, I want them to ring when a call comes in, so I set a ring group to ring all, and they all ring at the same time.

The issue that I am trying to solve is that when a call is not answer, the call is redirected to a voice mail extension, all good up to here, but when the caller is offered to press 0 to leave a message, the system reply saying that "this call cannot be completed, please try again later..."

Now, if I disable the ring group and redirect the call to an extension, if the call is not answer, the caller is offer to leave a message, the caller press 0, then it works just fine.

The log event shows the following:

19:27:56.952 [MS211000] C:12.1: 204.11.192.35:52888 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment.

I am using Windows 7, IIS web server, and callcentric.

I have checked and re-cheked the settings, so I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

Someone else is having similar issue, it was suggested to restart the IIS service, I did that, but also I changed the net framework to 4.0, not sure is this fix the problem, now it works!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In each case are you sending the caller to the same extension?

Does this only happen on incoming (outside) calls from a Gateway or VoIP provider? Have you tried dialling the ring group number (800?) from another extension to see if the same thing occurs?

A caller should not have to press anything to leave a message.

3. techalex

leejor,

You are right, callers don't have to press anything to leave a message, what I meant was after pressing the # sing. Any way the problem is solved. Someone else is having similar issue, and it was suggested to restart the IIS service, I did that, however, I also changed the Net framework to 4.0, not sure if this fix the problem, now is working.

One thing that I did not try was to dial the 8000 ring group extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.