• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring Group with all extensions set to DND

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziptalk

Reaction score
I have a ring group configured in hunt mode, and have done a test with all members of the ring group set to DND.

I expect the behaviour to direct to the specified 'connect to if the call is unanswered' instead the calling phone receives a 'dead tone' like the line is not available.

If everyone in the Ring Group decided to DND, is there any way I can redirect the call to an available extension ?

Thanks for any responses - quite urgent as I am doing some final testing for in-house demonstration this week. This would be a major problem if there is no solution since if the customer calls into the Helpdesk and all extensions happen to be on DND - then I can't allow for a dead-tone.

Thanks,

Lewis

I think I've found a bug in ring groups in hunt mode.

If the last extension is set to DND, it does not overflow!

I would expect the behaviour to ignore that extension and overflow ?

Anyone else experienced the same problem ?

Lewis

HI

Are you setting the DND form the phone or using the 3CX 'Away' dial code.

The DND on phones will still get 3CX to attempt to contact them. It would be ideal to use the 'Away' dial codes . Please advise the outcome of this.

William400 said:
HI

Are you setting the DND form the phone or using the 3CX 'Away' dial code.

The DND on phones will still get 3CX to attempt to contact them. It would be ideal to use the 'Away' dial codes . Please advise the outcome of this.

Hi William, yes you are right I am using the DND feature key on the SNOM phone and not via the 3CX server. I hope I can configure the phone feature key to dial the code for 'away' which will presumably behave in the way I would expect with regards to the ring group.

Thanks for that, I will test and advise accordingly. PS if you could let me know the dial-code for 'away' that would be handy, else i am sure I'll find it in the manual or on the forum.

Thanks, Lewis

HI

The dial codes are found in the UI > Settings > Advanced > Dial codes.

You can configure as required.

William400 said:
HI

The dial codes are found in the UI > Settings > Advanced > Dial codes.

You can configure as required.
Thank you. Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.