Ring group with/o available members rings?**FW to IDEAS.3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dotnetfabrik, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dotnetfabrik

Hi,

I'm a bit disappointed that v10 does not change the odd behavior which makes signaling groups ring even if nobody is available in it. (the signaling groups ignore the state of their extensions completely... :( )
    Will this be changed in the final release?

Thanks for info!
    Sascha

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Signaling group without available members rings?

What are you referring when you mention signalling groups?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dotnetfabrik

I mean "Ring group" (in german, it's called Signaling-Group)

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

ok - this behavior will not change no. It is not possible and not productive either.

What if an agent is set to away - disconnect call or fw to voicemail?
    You will have a situation where the call comes in, and one particular rule will kick in FW to voicemail.

At this point all the other calls to the other agents will stop because an automata answered and call will go to voicemail.

So the ring group cannot be aware of neither the state of the agent nor it's rules EXCEPT those that are applicable - like when you have forwarding to a mobile number.

So you have to move to queues - that will still not understand the profiles and the rules in any case - but will give you the option to log in / out of the queues.

This is the only way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dotnetfabrik

Hi Nicky,

I agree that extension specific rules must not be used in a ringgroup because of the points you already mentioned.
    But: checking if all of the ringgroup's members are not registered / set to away wouldn't break any logic.
    The ringgroup could immediately use it's own no-answer rule.
    This would be far more useful than ringing phones where nobody will answer them.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We already do this. Only when the extensions are set to give a busy tone (dnd for example) or when they are unregistered.

In this case we move to destination no answer rule. Can you confirm this on your scenario?

The problem is with AWAY - We cannot generalize that AWAY means Not available. this is the problem we are facing with profiles in groups.

we could make a global option for groups - Example Do not target Away or OOH extensions for calls coming in from Ring groups and queues. how would this work?

7. dotnetfabrik

Hi Nicky,

no, I cannot confirm that the no-answer rule of a ring group is used when the members are set to DND.
    (I just tried it with a ring group of only one phone)
    3CX tries to call the phone - when I call the extension directly, I'm correctly forwarded to the mailbox.
    Your proposal of having an option which makes the ring group look if any of it's members are available (and if not, executing the busy rule immediately) sounds great.
    This would be a real improvement for the PBX.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

we will see - in the meantime open on ideas.3cx.com

As for dnd - yes - kif dnd is set on the phone, the ring group will not target the phone (actually will target but the phone will be busy). The other phones will ring and the rg functionality will not break.

9. dotnetfabrik

Hi Nicky,

it seems that there's already a matching proposal:

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ring-Groups-should-ignore-people-who-are-away/80135-9854

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

thanks for your update

11. dotnetfabrik

Re: Ring group with/o available members rings?**FW to IDEAS.

Hi,

do you know if this has already been fixed?
    Thanks for info.

12. xcguyxc

This has not been fixed. Yes you can use a Queue but what if you are already apart of a queue? Then you have to be in both queues at same time and that may not be what you want. This shouldn't be hard. In the "Forward Rules" for AWAY, or Out of office, ect just add an option that says when this status is set ignore Queue & Ring Group Calls. Then when the phone system is going to point a call to the Queue or Ring Group read that in DB for that extension. To simplify redoing tons of code you can just have it duplicate a DND response so that it skips that phone.

13. dotnetfabrik

I suspect you're addressing the 3cx developers?

14. xcguyxc

Yes that was for them. Seeing it does not look like the ideas website is being updated regularly.

15. hellothere789

We need a Ring Group option which would limit the extensions rung to only those which are to available (or perhaps any specific status). I am sure that many other small offices have the exact same need.

I'll tell you why. We have several sales persons coming and going from our office. When they are here, they change their status to available. Calls enter our office to a short queue, which do a random hunt of sales persons available, until all available salespersons are on the phone.

Then the important second call comes in. If it comes into a queue, those on the phone are not aware of it, and the call is lost. If it comes to a ring group, available and unavailable extensions are rung, and the call quickly goes to someone's mobile phone, and the call is lost.

Please, please, provide a Ring Group option which could limit extensions called to Available extensions. This would give an Available extension plenty of time to put her current call on hold, and pickup the call from the Ring Group.

Thank you!

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm amusing that you are using sets that have more than one line key...

What if you had two ring groups. example... Extensions 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 in one group. Extensions 201, 202, 203, 204 205, in the second group. On each set there are two extension appearances, set one has extensions 101 and 201, the other sets follow suit.

If all extensions in first ring group (the 10X extensions) are busy, the call goes onto the second ring group (20X extensions), so any "additional" calls, will start "showing up" on the second keys. Whoever is able to, can put the first caller on hold and take the second call.

The drawback I could see, with this, especially if all ring group members were not within sight of one another, is, more than one person putting their current call on hold to get the second call. Or, everyone thinking that their call is far too important to put on hold, and no one answering, in which case it will go off to...wherever.

17. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just click on the extensions, Forwarding rules, Available profile and enable the option "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time - Uses Phone Status"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.