Ring Group with Outside Number (Extension) fails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have setup a ring group (ext. 800) to ring ext. 100 and 200, where 100 is a registered soft phone and 200 is an outside number listed as +1480xxxxxxx. The "+" signifies the outbound rule to use the existing VOIP provider.

When I call ext. 200 the outside number rings and everything is good. However, when I call the ring group ext. 800 the call rings only on ext. 100. Additionally, if I take ext. 100 out of the ring group I get the following error logs ...

"Call is rejected: Destination does not exist, or is not registered"

I'm a bit lost. Are there additional settings I am missing? Do I need to fool the ring group somehow into believing ext. 200 is registered?

Any help is appreciated ...

NMN

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am reasonably sure that the registration is the issue. If a ring group included an extension that was unregistered, and had the default set to go to voicemail when unregistered, it would defeat the ring group by going straight to said voicemail. 3CX ring groups have to ignore unregistered extensions.

Don't worry, if I am wrong, someone will jump right in and say so, they are definitely not shy :lol:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ring Group wont work with 'ungregstered' outside numbers ...

So let's see if I understood: You are saying that 3CX cannot do what even Vonage gets right and calls "SimulRing", the simultaneous ringing (ring group) of internal, external and/or PSTN numbers?

Or are you saying there is a way to 'register' (or pretend to have registered or to ignore registration) of external/PSTN numbers so they will work with ring groups?

Let me know ...

Any 'second opinion' is welcome, also. Is there possibly accessible code that can be modified to have the ring group ignore registration for external extensions?

NMN

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

On the "pretend" to register part - I do keep six extensions registered to create the same "SimulRing" concept Voange has and to have "Parking" spaces for calls I need on hold - I do this quite simply with Eyebeam softphone installed on the 3CX Server - It has a ten account capability and I keep sound off on the Server.