ring groups and call forwarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonknight, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonknight

Hi everyone,

I have a wee problem with a ring group and call forwarding.
    our client has a prioritised hunt group of which the 4 extensions are members. this works fine, but we are trying to set up call forwarding so they can set the lead extension as out of office and with the call forwarding rules get all calls forwarded to an external number, it doesn't work, presumably because the hunt group has the call and is trying each of the extensions and won't release the call for forwarding.

How can i make the group pay attention to the call forwarding set up in 3cx my phone? or for that matter is there another way for the users to set up call forwarding easily so they can use the answering service when they are out of the office?

Cheers
    Chris

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Ring groups will only obey the forwarding rules assigned to the group, not the forwarding rules of individual members of the group, if a call is not answered in a given time. If one member of the group wants all unanswered calls it to be sent to his/her voicemail or an outside number, then that is where you would programme it to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.