Ring Groups and DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by derekvw91, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derekvw91

If I have a user in a ring group that is out for the day, can they just enable DND on their phone and have it automatically skip their position in the ring group?

2. neville

neville New Member

I just tested it. It skipped the desk phone but still pushed to my IPhone.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Same issue: http://www.3cx.com/forums/post176279.html#p176279

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. XanthiZ

3CX Support

Hello Guys,

The problem is that when you are pressing DND button on the phone, phone prepares account profile change to Do Not Disturb [*32].
    The previous name of this profile status was out of office. So it makes sense when you are out of office to receive the push notification on your phone.

But if you prevent to receive ANY call you have to enable the DND feature . This can be enabled by dialing *61 dial code.
    To make it easier you can configure BLF from 3CXPhone System Management Console with Custom speed dial *61 to enable DND and another BLF *60 to disabled it .
    When this feature will be enabled the phone will not receive push notification

Cheers ;) :p

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To expand a bit on this, in V14 when you press the DND button on a deskphone that has been provisioned using a Default Template 2 things happen:
    1) The Extension Profile is set to "Do Not Disturb".
    2) The deskphone activates DND.

Also Ring Groups and Queues ignore Forwarding Rules in the "Away" and "Do Not Disturb" statuses except "Send call to my mobile" and "send call to external number". This means that if you are in e.g. "Do Not Disturb" status and have "Send calls to my Voice Mail" without having the DND function on the phone enabled, if the calls comes to this extension through a Ring Group it will ring normally.

Now combining the above 2 points, what is happening is:
    - Call comes into the Ring Group.
    - Extension is in "Do Not Disturb" status but it is ignored so the PBX sends the call to the extension, but because the actual DND function is also activated on the phone, the phone rejects the call.
    - Because you also have a mobile device with the same extension, the PBX also sends the call to this one as well, this device however does not have a DND function to bounce the call so it rings.

Hope this explains why it is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.