Ring Groups and Forwarding Rule Bug? Or Am I Doing It Wrong?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by viperrwk, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viperrwk

Having an issue with v15, ring groups and forwarding rules.

I have a ring group (80) which rings three extensions (10, 15, 16).

One of those extensions (10) has a forwarding rule set that if the line is busy, it should then ring extension 11 (which is not in the original ring group.)

If I make one call to extension 10 and then while that line is busy make a second call to extension 10, it successfully rings extension 11.

If I make a call to extension 10 and then while that line is busy make a second call to the ring group 80, extension 11 does not ring though the other extensions (15 & 16) do ring.

Is this a bug or am I not applying the rule correctly? If the latter an explanation would be good because I can't see a flaw with the logic. TIA.

viperrwk

2. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Dear viperrwk,

I am afraid that what you are trying to do is not possible to be done by the pbx. If you want the call to be forwarded to extension 11 then you have to specify this in the ring group options and the call will be forwarder if all the other extensions on the ring group are busy.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Extension forwarding rules do not apply to ring group calls as they are not "owned" by that extension.

4. viperrwk

Got it. I guess I was mistaken at how inheritance might work in a situation like this but also understand that you could find yourself in an unworkable situation of cascading rules if this was possible. Oh well.

Thanks guys.

viperrwk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.